Pages

Ads 468x60px

Friday, March 1, 2013

Episode 1: The Symptoms

So let's start with the cause for this infliction: a stark lack of love life!
(Bah, humbug!)

"It all began one fine summer day, when my college sweetheart dumped me for that perky hot junior!"

That would make a great story, but sadly my life is not a "great story". It is a plain old regular, run-off-the-mill, so-boring-your-eyes-would-melt-into-nothingness kind of a lame-ass story. Well, it's true!
There there, you guys! Don't cry! I know you all are saying to yourselves "NOOOOOOO ya! We know you! You are so much fun! Your life is definitely not lame-ass!"

Aww! Thanks you guys!! Much love. But, sorry to disappoint you. You'll are kidding yourself and you don't even know it! Just like how Sacha Baron Cohen is so irresistible! Mmm hmm!! (You know it!)

But, I digress. Back to the topic.

So, I may be boring and all, but I do alright. I have non-virtual friends, a job I love, am close to family. and am genuinely a happy person!
But then again, these are not marriageable criterion, are they now?

From my learning and painstaking observations of the past one year, I can proudly say I know what it takes to be considered marriageable.
We'll get to that in just a moment.

So yeah, the symptoms.
You know how at a point in time, older relatives start goading you at family gatherings about how much fun they are going to have at your sacrifice, oops, I mean wedding. You've heard about it, and you know it's coming, but when it does, you're all like "But but but..I'm just a kid! Don't do this to me! What have I done to you?!?!" It. Is. Frightening.

Did I mention how much worse it is, when you are the eldest amongst all the cousins?! Oh Lord!

I know whose weddings deserve my sadistic best!

So yeah, the symptoms.
One fine day, as my Dad and I were catching up over a beer (Yes, it is very normal for me to sip/drink/gulp/chug alcoholic beverages with my father), I noticed him extremely uncomfortable.
As the alcohol kicked in, he gathered the courage to ask me to get my boyfriend home so that he could meet him. That was the last beer I drank with my Dad! That day.

That fateful beer changed the last one year for me.

26 has not been a good year for me - from writing my own news paper advert to making profiles for online matrimonial sites to what the next few posts shall explain in detail.
My life cannot sink any lower!

More to come..

2 comments:

  1. After reading all your post all I can think of is that your Dad asked to meet your boyfriend , and you had nothing to show for it . No wonder you are frying now :P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just bad timing then. Had he asked me a year back, maybe this blog wouldn't exist. :)

    ReplyDelete